Monday, April 7, 2008

So.......

Today I found out some good news. They are sending me as the Mess Decks Master-at-Arms. What that means is I am supporting the mess decks to lead the people down there. Not too bad of a job, if you ask me. Plus, on the good side, I don't have to stand duty for around 3 months. Gotta love that. I get my weekends off for the next three weeks, while we are in PSA. The hours sort of suck, but I am ok with that. 0600 to 1500-1600 is okay with me. I don't have to stand duty every six days. And, plus, I get to attend church every week.

Switching topics, I got to watch a ship launch on last night. It was a pretty cool thing to see. I think everyone has seen it done on TV. This is where the person who is the ship's sponsor tries to "break" the bottle of Champagne over the bow, and then they have a controlled slide, I think, where it goes into the water. There was a bunch of fireworks, and stuff. Not too shabby, if you ask me. Then, I got to see the "hydro dynamic effect" they were talking about. The ship next to us is a destroyer, and they were moving all around. We were pretty stable and everything.

Okay, I am going to finish watching the game, and maybe watch some of "Black Hawk Down."

Have a good night!

Shalom,
Ryan

No comments: