Friday, April 11, 2008

New Job

Well, they made me what is known as Mess Deck Master-at-Arms on Monday. This has been a good change for me, I think. There are some good ones, and some not so good ones. First, I don't have to stand duty for the next three months or so. So, that means I get to go to church every weekend. I have my nights off, also. I guess the bad part is I have to be at work from 0600 to 1500-1600 Monday through Friday, now which leads to long hours sometimes. Oh, well! I can't have everything.

Also, I have been playing volleyball this week alot. I played for Supply in the Captain's Cup teams. We played Wednesday, Thursday, and then today. I am really sore now. But, it has been good times. We came in second place. For today, we played four against six most of the day, winning our first match, but losing our second. But, we lost to a good team the second go around.

I still haven't gotten a reply back from my other senator and my one Representative about the G.I. Bill. We will see what happens.

Well, I have off to bed. Take care everyone!

Shalom

3 comments:

karen said...

Congrats on the new job!

P.S. I tagged you. (Thanks for volunteering.)

AND, it will be great to have you at church every week!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I was going to tag you for the six-word thing! Now I only know like two people who blog that haven't been tagged.

Anyway. I like regular working hours, and not standing duty, so congrats.

And, I got a phone call from my congressman a couple of days after I emailed him. Okay, not the actual congressman, but his office called me and said they were going to print out the message and personally give it to Mr. Crenshaw. I thought that was kinda cool.

Marian said...

Hi Ryan,

I just discovered your blog via Karen's. Can I add a link to your blog on my blog? marianjhart.blogspot.com