Monday, December 29, 2008

Powell's Bookstore


I went into downtown Portland, OR today to look around and get some exercise in. When I was down there, I stopped by Powell's Books . If you are a book reader or just love shopping for books and are in the Portland area for a couple of days, I would recommend stopping by for an afternoon (or two.) They have over seven huge rooms of books and they take up a whole city block in downtown Portland. I think they are rated at one of the best bookstores in the world. It was amazing to say the least. I walked in from the Green Room entrance and was amazed. I had to use the restroom and ended up in the Purple Room after that. I wondered through the History Sections. Next, I wondered up to the Pearl Room where they have a Rare Book Room with books selling between 100 and over 2000 dollars. Next, I wondered over to the Science Fiction section in the Gold Room where they have over like 5 rows of books. It was awesome, and I was in book heaven. So, they have pretty much any book you ever wanted, and if they don't have it, they will find it for you.

No comments: