Monday, December 15, 2008

Two posts in one day....


Well, I am waiting for the movers to stop by and move my stuff out of my apartment. I have less than one week to go here in San Diego for awhile and it really hit home yesterday when Lynette had a going away party at her place yesterday. But, she sponsored a prayer quilt in my honor. It is pretty cool to say the least. The picture of the quilt is on the left. At the end of the party, when everone was leaving I noticed I was getting a little misty in th eyes because I am leaving such good friends down here. This prayer quilt ministry is such a good idea. The idea is that the ministry makes the quilt but leaves the string untied everywhere. Then, people tie a knot in the quilt and say a prayer. The knots keeps the quilt together and your prayers help the person out. Here is the website if you are interested in starting one at your church: http://www.prayerquilt.org/. So, anyway, this coming Sunday will be the last Sunday at First Church for awhile. I know I will be coming back to Sunny San Diego on vacation, but I don't know when that will be. Well, I think the movers are here. Take care!

No comments: