Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gurnee, IL


Well, I guess I better update what is going with life so far. After spending Christmas in Portland with my mom and step-dad, Bill, I traveled over to Spokane to spend the night before New Years Eve. Spokane in the month of December got over 5 feet of snow. Without my GPS, I would have never made it to my hotel because the snow piles on the side of the interstate covered the signs. From Spokane, I traveled over one good mountain pass and one snow/ice covered mountain pass to Missoula, MT to spend New Years Eve with my brother Regan. That was a lot of fun, but I couldn't spend more time with him because of another storm coming the next day. So, on New Years day, I traveled over to Great Falls, MT through Lincoln, MT (in case you are following me on Google Maps or something) over another bad snow/ice covered mountain pass through the coldest recorded place on Earth (Rodger's Pass) . After spending time in Great Falls, MT with my dad and step-mom, Sue enjoying friends, family, and studing my for test, I traveled over to Helena, MT to take my E-7 test, which I don't think I did very well. We will see what happens in April. After Helena, I spent one day in Great Falls before heading over to Lewistown, MT and Winifred, MT to see more family. From Winifred, MT, I traveled over through Broadus, MT and Alzada, MT to Rapid City, SD. After spending the night in Rapid City, SD, I went and saw Mount Rushmore National Memorial. From there, I traveled on the Interstate 90 over to Great Lakes Naval Training Center after spending the night in Fairmont, MN.

I found a place in Gurnee, IL through an apartment complex my friend recommened to me. So, here I am sitting in a steel folding chair with the computer on a folding tv table.

No comments: