Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Good Sheperd

The lectionary this morning was from John 10: 11-18. As I was listening to the sermon this morning, it dawned on me that I will become a shepherd here in a couple of weeks when I get my first division and this is what God has in store for me in then next 3 years while I am up here. I have been thinking over since January if it was a good idea for me to come up here and train new recruits. It is a stressful, demanding job that requires a lot from you, but I think in the end it will be worth it. This passage and the sermon hit home this morning. I will be a shephered to 88 new recruits. I will watch over them and make sure they get to their destination okay.

1 comment:

karen said...

And how wonderful that your model is the Good Sheperd -- would that it were so for all new recruits.

They don't know how lucky they are.

I'll hold you AND them in prayer, Ryan.