Sunday, June 8, 2008

Humanity

Well, as I am home from the Padres game, and I have had a couple of drinks during the Padres game and a couple of them after the Padres game and before/during the Lakers game. I turned on the TV, and after a couple of shows, the X-Men 2 came on . One of the quotes came on in the beginning intriged me. It says, "...Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute." How very true, if you don't mind me saying. I agree with what they say, but in a different way. Let's take it from a Christian point of view. Sharing the word of God with someone who doesn't believe in the same things you do? Who doesn't think the way you do? Or, should people in the church have a right to determine who should be in the church and who shouldn't? Should people have a right to question wheter someone is good enough to be in the church? Should gay people, homeless people, racist people be exculded from the church for what they belive in? WWJD? Would the Man upstairs turn these people away from the church because what they believed in? Would he walk across the street to get away from these kinds of people? NO! He would glady stay on the same side of the street and "heal" them. Once the word got out, poeple would flock to his word and follow him. Just the same, it should be the church to help these people out as much as possilbe, I guess. I don't know. I guess I might be rambling to a point. Anyway, let me know what you think. I might dwell on this further later in the week.

After much back spacing to correct miss-spelled words, and hitting the "ABC" sign to see if I "missed" something. Guess what the only words it came up with? Tune in next time?

No comments: