Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Navy's 22nd Original Bay Bridge Run/Walk


Well, I completed the Bay Bridge run this morning. According to my Ipod+Nike, it said I completed 3.68 miles in approx 34:48 which is an average of 9.5 mile, or something like that. Overall, I had a lot of fun. That bridge is rough to say the least. We started near the Convention Center on Harbor Drive, and ran down to Barrio Logan Trolley stop and took a left. We took another right Cesar E Chavez parkway before hooking around to enter the bridge. The hardest part was right there coming onto the bridge. Wow, it was steep and the incline. From there, it was a steady incline up the bridge. I eventually had to jog for around 45 seconds and walk for like 15 seconds. It was just too tough for me to do by myself. The way down was awesome. Nothing like a steady hill on the way down to get you going. After the 3 mile mark, I tried to get a "kick" going, but the U-turn at the bottom was tough too. Also, there were way too many people running along this little cart path. After I rounded underneath the bridge, we were greeted by some high school cheerleaders. Then, it was a race to the finish. Not too shabby if you ask me. I made it home, took a shower, and back to church to make it too Molly's class on the Social Principles of the United Methodist Church.

1 comment:

Molly Vetter said...

hey--thanks for making it to class. :) and, nice run.